The Batighar is the most seasoned traveler place of kendrapara Dist. The towering beacon (Lighthouse) in the ocean side town of Batighar, in the Mahakala pada block, is one of the most established beacons in the nation. It is supplemented by the exceptionally old pilgrim working at Hukitola island on the Bay of Bengal - 1837. Dynamic central plane 38 m (125 ft); 2 white flashes each 20 s. 38 m (125 ft) round rock tower, painted with flat red and white groups. The False Point Lighthouse is arranged on an extensive island made by the Mahanadi River delta. The Lighthouse station can be drawn closer by cruising through the compelling waterway shape the Paradeep. The birthplace of False Point Lighthouse starts in the mid 19th Century. The British East India Company ships moving toward Calcutta port used to confuse Mahanadi entrance for Hooghly, along these lines the point close mouths of Mahanadi came to be known as False Point. It was hence chosen to give a Lighthouse close to the mouths of Mahanadi and name it False Point Lighthouse. The designs were finished in the mid 1830s.
This is the principal beacon or (lighthouse) introduced in eastern shore of India. The stones utilized were transported from Barabati Fort, Cuttack It's about 45 KM from District HQ. It is arranged in a town named Batighar, on the other bank of waterway Kharinasi. It is encompassed with charming characteristic magnificence. Some time ago, this was referred to as KaudiaDwip and utilized as chasing ground of Kujanga Kings. The stones utilized were transported from Barabati Fort, Cuttack. The tallness is 125 feet, establishment divider is 15 feet thick. The width at arrive level is 10 feet. To achieve the best, 138 stages made of bond concrete and a 16-stage step are there. The claim to fame of this beacon (lighthouse) is that it is operational from the date of its lighting and by & by it is overseen by Calcutta Light House. A plaque at the beacon advises that the principal light was exhibit 3D on 1st March 1838 by H. Righly, second Lieut. Executive Engineer. Alongside the limit mass of the beacon is a little group of graves.